My First ThanksLiving!

So I'm 41 years old and I've never cooked a Thanksgiving meal.  To some people that may sound strange, but in my family it's quite normal.  The older generations are still at it.  Still making the meals or in some cases, paying for the meals at a restaurant on Thanksgiving.  Well, this year, I'm taking things into my own hands so that my family can eat how and what we want to eat. :)

A couple months ago we decided to go Vegan, for many, many reasons, which I won't get into in this post.  But as you can imagine, that definitely causes issues for eating holiday meals with your non-vegan extended family.  My oldest daughter found Mr. & Mrs. Vegan online and saw that they had an awesome thing they do for Thanksgiving.  They celebrate THANKSLIVING instead and make their entire meal Vegan and no creature is killed in the making of their celebration of life and thanks. :)  We all LOVED that idea and jumped on board right away!  They have an amazing free e-book to download with a menu plan, shopping list and prep schedule that I am using.

I already began prepping last night by starting the Pumpkin Date Pie Crust and today I will be finishing the pie, pre-cutting all the veggies, boiling the potatoes and baking the butternut squash, making the mushroom gravy and preparing the ginger dressing.  Tomorrow morning I will finish up and we will have ThanksLiving Lunch before going off to other relatives to visit in the evening (and taking our one leftovers to eat if they don't have anything we can fill our bellies with).

I know you are probably thinking, what's on a Vegan ThanksLiving Menu to eat, right?  Well, let me show you:

  • Pumpkin Date Pie (with So Delicious Whipped Topping)
  • Apple Pie
  • Mashed Potatoes
  • Mushroom Gravy
  • Sensational Salad
  • Grateful Ginger Dressing
  • Thanksliving Stuffing
  • Green Bean Casserole
  • Wild Rice Pilaf
  • Dinner Rolls
  • Gardein Holiday Roast


Doesn't sound too crazy, does it?  It's basically the same stuff I've always had, just without the meat and dairy.  I've never been a Turkey fan, so I'm not going to miss eating turkey at all.

I will take pics of our Thanksliving meal tomorrow to share with you!  I hope everyone has a terrific holiday!

Happy ThanksLiving!!!

xoxo,
Chanin :)

No comments